Source: US Government research organizations
NIST is closely monitoring guidance from Federal, State, and local health authorities on the outbreak of COVID-19. To protect the health and safety of NIST employees and the American public they continue to serve, NIST has decided to cancel in-person RMAP training sessions for 2020 and replace them with alternative web-based delivery with modified content. For more information on COVID-19, please visit: cdc.gov/covid19.
NIST Handbook 143, Program Handbook (2019) details the criteria used for OWM Laboratory Recognition. NIST Handbook 143, Section 4 and Table 2 notes that annual attendance at the RMAP training session is required for ongoing laboratory Recognition. Participation in OWM proficiency tests (PTs) requires completion of training requirements to the applicable levels for each procedure and requires attendance at the annual RMAP training sessions.
RMAP training content for 2020 will consist of four two-hour webinars delivered on separate days. Training topics, dates, and times for MidMAP. Training topics, dates, and times for MidMAP are:
Tuesday, October 6: Round Table
Thursday, October 8: PT Reporting and Planning
**Register and sign up to join Summer or Fall RMAP sessions on 17025 and Handbook 105-1:
See the detailed objectives that are provided for each module. Overall, the learning objectives are developed to enable metrologists to implement best practices into their laboratory program and share concepts with others in their laboratory who are unable to attend the training. See Lab Metrology Training web page.
Materials & Supplies:
Reference materials will be available via Google Drive. Instructions will be provided to registered participants. Users must provide a copy of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
See 2020 RMAP Memo and Agenda – REVISED (March 20, 2020)
Successful completion requires full attendance, participation in group activities. If any participants leave early, attendance certificates will be adjusted accordingly. However, if these measurements are on the laboratory Scope, State lab participants are expected to stay for the full session.
**Regional Measurement Assurance Program “MEMBERS” (State and Industry RMAP member laboratories).
Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
Georgia Harris, Isabel Chavez, Micheal Hicks
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client – Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client – Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.