Source: European Union 4
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Hong Kong and Macao ?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information and Trade Section of the EU Delegation to Hong Kong and Macao, starting in November2020, subject to respect to the local legislation as well as the national legislation of the candidate(s) if non-resident.
The Political, Press and Information Section contributes to the work of the Office in pursuing the EU’s policies in all areas, promoting and protecting the EU’s interests and values as well as promoting the visibility of the European Union.
The Trade Section: In addition to the monitoring, analysing and reporting regularly to Headquarters on internal and regional economic and trade developments, the Trade Section covers other policy areas such as climate change, environment and innovation. The Section also provides support to visitors from EU institutions as well as providing briefing dossiers, speeches, statements, press releases and articles, as requested.
- Research and analysis of information;
- Draft press digests and information bulletins, analytical reports on various policy developments in Hong Kong and Macao;
- Update the Office’s social media platforms;
- Attend and participate in meetings, cultural and visibility events, seminars and conferences in Hong Kong and Macao;
- Support in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions;
- Attend and participate in meeting, seminars and conferences in Hong Kong and Macao
Qualifications or special requirements:
- In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to Country and thus candidates currently residing in Hong Kong might be preferred
- Command of Cantonese a strong advantage;
- EU Candidates should have a familiarity with the country context and a host family in Hong Kong
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address email@example.com:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Funded Traineeship – PPI and Trade
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected application, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin.