Post sponsored by

Source: Scotland – City of Perth

Perth & Kinross Council officers carried out welfare checks on residents in around 100 properties after thunderstorms caused flash floods on Tuesday night.

Several streets in Perth, Alyth, Rattray and Kinross were badly affected by the floods overnight on Tuesday.

If nobody was home, letters were posted to homes hit by flooding directing them to help.

Officers have visited hit worst hit areas to speak to residents and assist with the clear up where necessary.

Perth & Kinross Council will continue to contact households affected by the storms to offer assistance and support where necessary.

Residents whose home has been affected by flooding or other storm damage, should contact their landlord and/or insurance company as soon as possible.

  • Council tenants who feel their home is no longer habitable as a result of the storm damage should contact their Locality Housing Team as soon as possible by calling 01738 476000.
  • Council tenants who just need to report a repair that will not affect their ability to remain in the property, should call 01738 476000 and select the housing repairs option.
  • Private-sector or Housing Association tenants should contact their landlord or letting agent to advise them of the situation and request assistance.  Owner-occupiers should notify their insurance company of any damage as soon as possible.
  • Those living in private-sector accommodation and their home is no longer habitable and require emergency accommodation, should contact the Housing Options Team on 01738 476000. For assistance out with normal working hours, please call 0800 917 0708.
  • Health and social care services can be accessed by contacting the Access Team on 0345 30 111 20 – this number connects into services at all times of the day or night.

MIL OSI United Kingdom