MIL OSI Translation. Government of the Republic of France statements from French to English
Source: Republic of France in FrenchLa French Republic has issued the following statement:
NOTE TO EDITORS
THE MINISTRY OF THE ARMED
Paris, July 27, 2020
Travel to Florence Parly, minister for the Armed forces, the 5th regiment of dragoons of Mailly-le-Camp, Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Florence Parly, minister for the Armed forces, will move to the 5th regiment of dragoons (5th RD) of the army on Tuesday, 28 July 2020 at Mailly-le-Camp.
In the framework of the operation “A day in the heart of the armed forces” initiated by the ministry, the 5th RD organizes days of discovery to the destination of young people aged 14 to 18 years old from his department.
The minister for the Armed forces will also present the different infrastructure work carried out on the camp and will inaugurate a new maintenance workshop dedicated to the chars Leclerc.
The health crisis related to the COVID-19 has led to a lot of young people through a decrease of social relations. In order to re-establish links, the Government is making this summer a series of measures dedicated to youth with the operations “Vacation learning summer 2020″ and ” summer Quarters 2020 “.
In this framework, the ministry of the Armed forces has organized the action “A day in the heart of armies’. This device has to provide 3 500 young people aged 14 to 18 years the opportunity to discover, during one day, a military unit close to their home during the months of July and August 2020.
The typical day consists of two information modules :
– a module, ” Defense “, implemented by the directorate of the national service and the youth that have the vocation to make discover the missions of the armed forces, their actions and their jobs
– a module on the “Discovery unit” implemented by the military unit concerned and intended to make better known the daily of the military through a tour of the facilities, a presentation of the facilities, the discovery of traditions specific to the unit, and exchanges with different categories of military personnel.
With the opening of the operation ” A day in the heart of the armies “, the 5th regiment of dragoons has a structure of combined arms unique that meets the three issues of the army :
– strengthen the operational force land in the face of the threats of the Twenty-first century on the national territory as well as abroad. Since 2016, the regiment was engaged in domestic operations (Sentinel, Resilience), in short-term missions (Polynesia, united arab Emirates) and in operations (Lithuania, Lebanon, Mali)
– to provide an opposing force combined arms adapted to operational preparedness in high-intensity conflict. It directly contributes to the preparedness of the forces in combat by simulating an enemy credible in the face of the units of the army who come to train at the combat training Centre (CENTAC)
– to contribute its expertise to the experiments conducted by the force to combat expertise SCORPIO (FECS). In this capacity, the regiment is directly involved in experience on the pitch and in the duration of the new equipment and information systems program Scorpion.
1/ the provisional Programme
9 : 00 am: arrival of the minister of the Armies in the 5th regiment of dragoons of Mailly-le-Camp
9: 40am : the sequence with the direction of the national service and youth
10 : 15am: sequence with the 5th RD
Discovery workshops prepared by the 5th RD and exchanges with the young participants :
– Workshop Armored
– Workshop ” the life of a soldier “
Workshop – simulation (video game)
11h05 : the sequence with the infrastructure Service of the Defence (SID)
11: 45am : arrival at the new workshop of maintenance of the tanks Leclerc and gesture of the minister for the Armed forces
12 : 15 pm: end of sequence
2/ Provisions for the press
Journalists wishing to follow this movement are requested to be accredited with the Prefecture of the Aube before the Monday, July 27, 18: 00, specifying their name, surname, date and place of birth. They should also indicate the sequences that they wish to follow.
Prefecture of the Aube
Tel. : 03 25 42 35 00
Please attach a copy of an identity document and registration of your vehicle.
The number of places will be limited due to the sanitary measures put in place.
Wearing a mask mandatory.
Media Contact :
Media Centre of the ministry of the Armed
09 88 67 33 33
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and/or sentence structure is not be perfect.