MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
From 21 June the Novorossiysk branch of the Central naval Museum named after Emperor Peter the Great “Ship of military glory “Mikhail Kutuzov”” newly opened to visitors, but there are still some limitations.
The branch introduced a restrictive procedure with visitors, providing guided tours with mandatory use by visitors of masks, groups of groups up to 20 people, which will provide the necessary social distance.
Light artillery cruiser project 68bis “Mikhail Kutuzov” (factory number: S-385) was laid on the slipway black sea shipyard in Mykolaiv 22 February 1951. 29 November 1951 was launched the hull of the cruiser on the water. August 9, 1954, the cruiser was raised by the naval flag of the USSR. This day is considered the birthday of the cruiser.
The crew adequately carried Soviet naval flag on many seas and oceans, successfully completing all its tasks. In carrying out its mission, serve to strengthen peace, trust and friendship among people, the ship visited ports in Yugoslavia, Albania, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Romania, and Bulgaria. In total, the cruiser “Mikhail Kutuzov” for the period of his active service, made 15 long hikes and military services, were more than 220000 miles.
As a combat unit, the cruiser was part of the ships of the 1st line of constant readiness to October 1988. He was then removed from the warships of the fleet and transferred to the category “military property” and on the basis of the cruiser was a branch of the Museum of the black sea fleet. August 25, 2001, the cruiser arrived in Novorossiysk, which was put on eternal Parking at the pier of the Marine station.
1 2 3 4 5
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and/or sentence structure will not be perfect.