MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
Fire truck. Moscow. The Author Is N. Shchapov. 2 may 1914. Of Glavarkhiv Moskvy
They were prepared to International firefighters day celebrated on may 4.
International firefighters day celebrated on may 4 Of glavarkhiv introduced new materials on the work of the fire service in the late XIX — early XX century.
In the nineteenth century, fire brigades were run by the police and were distributed in parts of the city. Then police units were assigned two tasks — policing and fire fighting.
In 1898, according to the order of chief of police of Moscow, they had another duty — to help the work of the first three ambulance stations. A mobile team consisting of a doctor, a paramedic and a nurse, as the vehicle used a horse-drawn wagon. Fire crews delivered patients to hospitals and cared for the horses.
On the upper landing of the fire tower rising above the building of each police station, were on duty hour. He had to report any bugs to the fire and to ring the warning bell. For this, he was raised in a certain combination on the rocker tower balls, crosses and flags by day, and at night — included white or red lights, thus alerting residents that in some parts of Moscow the fire started.
In may 1907 the Financial Commission of Moscow city Council have considered the question of the transition of the fire brigade in full economic disposal of the city. However, existing statutes, published in the early nineteenth century, were not given this opportunity. Given these circumstances and in order “now to go towards improvements in technical fire team,” the Financial Commission ruled: “…to make a significant reduction in the number of fire horses and barrels of baggage, as well as to abolish some of the fire stations”.
She recognized the need when buying follow, “that all the property is accurately recorded in the inventory of city fire brigade”. As a result, the Council approved a loan in the amount of nine thousand rubles for the reconstruction of the fire brigades in Myasnitskaya ulitsa Rogozhsky and Sushchevskaya part and a loan of one thousand rubles for the device of the four campuses of the fire.
The history of fire in photos and documents
In Glavarhiva stored report Moscow mayor Alexander Adrianov in which brandmayor (fire chief) Nikolai Matveev pointed to the necessity of special photos “for visual studying of the ranks of the fire brigade with the building art and fire equipment.”
Nikolai Matveev emphasized the importance of “systematically selected and placed in the Museum at the fire station with the necessary explanatory text” of photographs about the life and work of the firefighters of the city, which could become an indispensable material for the history of fire in Moscow, to talk about his improvement and development.
Until 1917 the Moscow fire were the rescuers of a wide profile, they are attracted to liquidation of consequences of catastrophes and natural disasters. In April, 1908, after Moscow’s biggest floods, the entire staff of the fire brigade in a few days were involved in pumping water and providing assistance to victims, and bringing order to the quays and streets.
Also in 1908 the Moscow fire Department began purchasing fire trucks of different brands, some were collected at the Moscow plants partially from parts of foreign production. By the end of 1915 fire vehicles had City, Myasnitskaya ulitsa, Arbatskaya, Candlemas, Prechistenskaya, Friday, the Basmanny and Suschevskaya part.
In the Archival Fund of Moscow are the documents of authorities, organizations, enterprises and institutions, personal collections, photos, audio and videos. Archival photographs and documentary sources used in the exhibition and educational projects.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure will not be perfect.