Source: United States House of Representatives – Congressman Tom Reed (23rd District of New York)
COVID-19 CRISES GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: REP. REED: CRITICAL ECONOMIC RELIEF IS REACHING MORE AND MORE AMERICANS
Washington, April 30, 2020
Today, Rep. Tom Reed praised the IRS for its ongoing efforts to process and distribute millions of economic impact checks in a timely and efficient manner. Tom shares these updates regularly to ensure the most recent data points and projections are readily available to the public and members of the media.
April 30th, 2020 highlight:
120 million economic impact payments have been distributed to the American people (WSJ).
“I’m thrilled to see more of the economic relief American families asked for has been distributed,” said Tom. “We will continue to collaborate with the IRS and other federal agencies overseeing the implementation of aid efforts because we care about the financial well-being of communities across the country.”
A updated list of relevant health and economic data points have been outlined below to showcase the status of the country’s campaign against COVID-19.
Tom Reed’s COVID-19 good news data sources:
* Number of recovered COVID-19 patients: 124,023 (John Hopkins)
* Daily decline in the number of ICU beds needed: -742 (University of Washington)
* Daily decline in the number of invasive ventilators needed: -686 (University of Washington)
* Daily decline in the number of COVID-19 deaths per day: -116 (University of Washington)
* Total value of direct aid delivered to hospitals and health care providers: $39 billion (HHS)
* Number of Paycheck Protection Program loans approved: approx. 1.7 million (Zachary Warmbrodt)
* Total value of Paycheck Protection Program loans administered: $349 billion (Treasury), with $320 billion in additional funding on the way (Treasury)
* Total aid allocated for distribution to state, local, and tribal governments: $139 billion (Treasury)
* Number of economic stimulus checks delivered to Americans: 120 million (WSJ)