Source: US Government research organizations
NIST is closely monitoring guidance from Federal, State, and local health authorities on the outbreak of COVID-19. To protect the health and safety of NIST employees and the American public they continue to serve, NIST has decided to cancel this training. For more information on COVID-19, please visit: cdc.gov/covid19.
This 3 day seminar will focus on the requirements and basic test procedures for packages labeled by weight. This will include, but not be limited to a review of U.S. Weights and Measures Laws, good quantity control processes, sampling, moisture allowances, inspection reports and calculations, test procedures, tare, relevant court cases, drained weight and ice glazed procedures and more. The sessions will include formal lecture, demonstrations, and class discussion.
After this seminar, you will be able to:
- Define the History, Scope and Package Requirements.
- Explain the Statistical Basis of Handbook 133 and Sampling Plans.
- Describe What, When and Where to Test.
- Explain Health and Safety Aspects.
- Identify Good Measurement Practices.
- Identify the Proper Measurement Standards and Test Equipment.
- Explain the Basic Test Procedure.
- Explain Tare Procedures.
- Describe How to Determine the Nominal Gross Weight and Package Errors.
- Describe How Moisture Allowances are Applied.
- Recognize the Scope of Chapter 3.
- Identify the Gravimetric Test Procedure for Liquids.
Materials & Supplies:
Participants will be provided with a notebook.
There are no prerequisites for this seminar.
In order to receive a Certificate of Attendance, students must be in attendance for the entire class.
State and County Weights and Measures officials only.
There are no registration fees for this seminar. However, participants are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Phone: (518) 584-4550
Room Rate: $117
Booking Code: NW9