Source: City of Oxford
Oxford City Council is working in partnership with ODS to ensure that, during the current coronavirus outbreak essential building services will continue. We are therefore putting the following measures in place to safe guard employees and tenants, maintain and deliver emergency services as the situation develops and support the Oxford Community Hub.
As of 23 March ODS will stop all non-essential building repairs so that staff and resources can be diverted to deliver and maintain emergency and critical services. Emergency services will comprise:
• gas safety and compliance
• electrical safety and compliance
• serious structural work, including roof leaks
• running water, plumbing and toilets
• disabled adaptions to free up hospital space
Non-essential services that will stop are:
• kitchen and bathroom work
• glazing, except for emergency or security repairs
• non-emergency pest control
• minor or routine maintenance
• external works
Cllr Nigel Chapman, Cabinet Member for Safer Communities and Customer Focused Services said: “In these challenging times ODS needs to focus housing service resources on the most essential work. Whilst we understand tenants will disappointed that they will have to wait longer for non emergency repairs we’re sure that our customers will understand this and help us to ensure that we can continue to get emergency work done.”
To report a repair visit the housing repairs page. When booking an emergency repair please tell us if you have a suspected or confirmed coronavirus case in the household.