Source: United States House of Representatives – Representative Ross Spano (FL-15)
Washington, D.C. – Today, U.S. Representative Ross Spano (R-FL) released the following statement after the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 6201, the ‘Families First Coronavirus Response Act’, to combat COVID-19 (coronavirus) and to provide economic relief to Americans:
“Today, the U.S. House of Representatives displayed what is possible when we unite as leaders to confront a threat to the American people. My vote is a significant step in confronting the coronavirus and helping families impacted. It’s my hope that as this issue develops, we can continue to put politics aside and deliver results for our constituents.”
This bill comes on the same day that President Trump issued a national emergency declaration and after hard-fought negotiations to ensure pro-life principles and small businesses were rightfully protected. On March 11th Rep. Spano sent a letter to the President urging him to issue an emergency declaration to ensure necessary resources are made available to state and local health officials.
H.R. 6201 passed the House of Representatives by a vote of 363-40.
· Achieves the President’s Goal of Free Coronavirus Testing for all Americans
· Provides Financial Assistance for Working Americans – Paid Sick Leave
· Protects Senior’s and Those with Severe Medical Conditions
· Relief is Targeted to the Duration of the COVID-19 Threat
· Increase Access to Telehealth Services for New Medicare Beneficiaries