Source: Greenpeace –
Greenpeace Southeast Asia (GPSEA) offers a variety of challenging opportunities for professional growth. Collaborating with talented and passionate professionals, the Multimedia Producer leads the conceptualization and development of multimedia storytelling for strategically identified organizational needs.
- Multimedia production and storytelling – With the capability to shoot, produce, and edit multimedia content that is underpinned by a mobile-first approach and demonstrates an expert understanding of GPSEA’s campaign strategies and audience insights in decision-making, planning, and production. Take ownership and accountability for the look and feel, editorial quality and relevance of multimedia content, as directed and prioritized by the Creative Unit Manager/Country Director, GPSEA Philippines, in alignment with the digital and campaign strategies. Plan and perform or oversee post production tasks including reviewing footage, rough cutting, audio and colour adjustments, special effects, compression, and encoding as required.
- Visuals coordination and strategic input – Suggest platform-specific content ideas and advise campaign/projects teams on forthcoming photo/video opportunities both on and offline.
- Visual writing and editing – Collaborate with GPSEA Philippines colleagues on scripting, story development, producing, and verification/fact-checking photo/video content for publication. Produce accurate, impartial, informative, up-to-date visual storyboards, scripts and copy. Prepare and/or edit captions and photo stories as required.
- Protocols and cataloguing – Organize, archive, and maintain databases of GPSEA Philippines video/photo content including uploads to the global Greenpeace media library. Ensure security and maintenance of video, audio, and lighting equipment. Budget and monitor expenditures related to photo/video functions.
- Licensing and copyright management – Evaluate requests for photo/video, plus negotiate rates and licensing agreements as appropriate; provide invoicing and payment information in conjunction with Finance/Library services.
- Responsive communication and rapid response – Respond to external events or incidents that offer opportunities for the organization and/or reputational threats to the organization, as directed by the Creative Unit Manager/Country Director GPSEA Philippines. Use appropriate online tools to find, verify and aggregate user-generated photo/video content online and gain permission for use in-line with licensing and copyright laws for GPSEA and global teams as appropriate.
- Values and standards – Work with digital, project and creative unit colleagues to ensure accuracy in all GPSEA Philippines multimedia content output including captions, video scripts, and copy. Other assignments as directed by GPSEA Creative Unit Manager/Country Director and GPSEA Philippines.
- Knowledge and/or experience in audio/visual production, including camera operation, non-linear editing, and script-writing.
- Knowledge and/or experience in mobile-first visual production techniques and standards.
- Knowledge and/or experience in editing with industry standard software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of mobile video production and visual software.
- Deep familiarity with online culture along with active participation in at least three different social media platforms.
- Sound technical and productions skills including camera operation, non-linear editing and script-writing.
- Understanding of photo and video archiving systems, including cataloguing and keywording.
- Good knowledge of copyright and licensing.
- Knowledge and/or experience in managing multiple simultaneous projects and meeting tight deadlines .
- Strong written and spoken English; another regional language skill is desirable.
- Flexibility around working hours.
- Must agree to review and comply with GPSEA’s Code of Conduct, as well as other relevant staff policies.
- Interested candidates are invited to (1) download and read the Terms of Reference carefully
- (2) Download and fill out the Application Form
- (3) Write a Letter of Motivation explaining why you are applying, and your qualifications for the position.
- (4) Send the documents to [email protected]. Kindly use the position you are applying for and your full name as file name for your application form (i.e. PH Human Resources Manager – Juan dela Cruz).