Source: European Union External Action
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Yemen?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU Delegation to Yemen, currently based in Amman (Jordan), starting in May 2020.
The Cooperation Section is responsible for preparing and following up all development projects implemented in Yemen and for providing Headquarters with analysis and insights on the evolution of the current conflict and how this political situation impacts the development of the Yemenis. The Cooperation team is closely interacting with all the other sections of the EU Delegation to Yemen and in particular with the Finance and Contracts team on legal and procedural aspects of contracts and with the Political, Press and Information section on general political analysis, human rights and visibility issues. The Cooperation Section supports the Head of Delegation in his activities aimed at designing, implementing and promoting EU in Yemen, in constant coordination with EU member States, through engagement with Yemeni stakeholders and regional actors. The dissemination of information regarding EU projects in and for Yemen (and beyond) is another key activity of the Section.
During the internship, the successful candidate will discover the organization and the decision making process of the EU and will gain an insight into the activities of the EU Delegation to Yemen. She/he will develop an aptitude for thoughtful consideration analysis and will master the production of socio and economic reports and professional computer assisted presentations at international level. She/he will also acquire transferable pre-professional skills, such as the capacity for independence and self-assurance, mastering office computer software and using academic skills for regular reporting, including an end of work-experience report. The experience (personal and professional) gained in integrating a multicultural and results-oriented team will be a key asset for any future professional endeavour.
- Research and written input into the Section’s regular cooperation reporting and strategic documents related to future programming;
- Assistance to various visibility activities (e.g. social media);
- Organizing meetings and conferences with many different stakeholders, including Yemeni authorities and implementing partners (UN, WB, INGOs and civil society);
- Preparing minutes of meetings attended jointly with Head of Cooperation or different Programme Managers;
- Assistance to the drafting of briefing speeches;
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks supporting the functioning of the section.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Holder of at least a Bachelor degree in Economy, Law or Political science;
- Fluent in English language (oral and written)
Additional Qualifications and requirements that would be considered as an asset:
- Knowledge of Arabic language;
- Knowledge of French language;
- Higher degree in the field (e.g. doctorate);
- Additional degree in another field (e.g. law);
- Different trainees experiences at UN, INGOs, or local NGOs matured during the studies in a non-continuous way or at the end of the studies;
- Lived in developing countries;
- Lived in the Middle East;
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Cooperation Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.