Source: European Union External Action
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Kazakhstan?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan, starting in June 2020.
The Cooperation Section manages the implementation of contracts and agreements for EU funded programmes in Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and the Central Asia Region as a whole. The programmes cover a broad range of sectors, including the Rule of Law, Human Rights, Private Sector Development and International Trade, Environment, Water, Climate Change and Energy.
- Support Project and Programme Officers and the Head of the Cooperation Section in their daily tasks of managing the implementation of contracts and agreements related to development programmes for Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Central Asia in general, including:
- Research for and drafting of briefs, background papers, talking points, minutes of important meetings;
- Review and provide comments on project implementation reports;
- Preparing project fiches;
- Helping with the organisation of events and official visits;
- Ensure appropriate communication, circulation and uploading of communication materials to the EU Delegation’s management systems.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Fluency and excellent drafting skills in English
- Fluency in Russian
- Knowledge about the EU, its global role and main policy objectives in Central Asia
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Positive team spirit
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Cooperation Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.