Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
*China called on India and Pakistan to maintain restraint and avoid taking actions that could escalate tensions, a foreign ministry spokesperson said Friday.
* US President Donald Trump and his Egyptian counterpart Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi on Thursday held a phone conversation on Lybia, during which they rejected “foreign exploitation” of Libya conflict, said the White House.
* Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed security issues related to Iran and Syria on Thursday, Israeli officials said.
* About 40 people have been killed during clashes between business owners and armed rebel groups in the Central African Republic’s capital Bangui since Christmas eve, local sources said.
* Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu claimed victory in his party primary election on Thursday night, fending off a veteran contender that challenged his long-time rule of Israel’s governing party.
* Ukrainian Defense Minister Andriy Zahorodniuk said that the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) has decided on the new spots for the troop pullback in the East of Ukraine, Interfax Ukraine news agency reported on Thursday.
* Over 17,000 people were affected by air pollution across Iran over the past week, Mojtaba Khaledi, spokesman for Iran Emergency Organization, said Thursday, according to official IRNA news agency.
* The Tunisian presidency denied on Thursday that the North African country is involved in any alliance with any party in Libya.
* The US Navy has ordered new submarine escape immersion suits worth some US$49 million from the Ohio plant of a British company, the US Department of Defense said Thursday.
* Ukraine’s Defense Ministry said on Thursday that it has signed contracts for more US anti-tank missile systems, the advanced fire-and-forget portable anti-tank missiles.
* Over 2,200 aftershocks have been registered in Albania in the one month following a 6.4-magnitude earthquake hit the country on Nov. 26, the Albanian seismologist Rexhep Koci said on Thursday in an interview with local media.