Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* US President Donald Trump on Tuesday downplayed the significance of a possible “Christmas surprise” from Pyongyang, saying he would deal with it successfully.
* In a Christmas Eve address on Tuesday, Chile’s President Sebastian Pinera called for an end to more than two months of anti-government protests and greater political cooperation.
* The Iraqi parliament on Tuesday approved a new election law, as part of the efforts to meet the demands of the anti-government protesters. After the vote on the law, the Parliament Speaker Mohammed al-Halbousi announced that the new election law was approved.
* Egypt has sent a shipment of medical aid to Albania which was recently hit by a deadly earthquake, the Egyptian foreign ministry said in a statement.
* The Turkish parliament is working on drafting a bill to allow the deployment of troops in Libya, presidential spokesperson Ibrahim Kalin said Tuesday.
* Egyptian foreign minister Sameh Shoukry and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov discussed on Tuesday the situation in the war-torn Libya.
* Tunisian President Kais Saied on Tuesday received visiting Arab Parliament Speaker Mishaal bin Fahm Al-Salami as the two sides discussed some key issues in the Middle East region.
* UN humanitarian workers estimate that some 2.6 million people in the Central African Republic (CAR), or more than half of its total population, will need humanitarian assistance in 2020, a UN spokesman said Tuesday.