Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* India’s veteran tennis player Leander Paes announced on Wednesday that 2020 would be his “farewell year” as a professional before he hangs up his racket. The 46-year-old, who started his professional career in 1991, has won 18 doubles and mixed doubles Grand Slam titles and a bronze medal in the singles at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
* Al Duhail have signed Croatia international striker Mario Mandzukic on a free transfer from Italian Serie A champions Juventus, the Qatar Stars League leaders announced. Mandzukic scored 44 goals in 162 games in all competitions for Juventus after joining them from Spain’s Atletico Madrid in 2014, but has not featured in the current campaign under manager Maurizio Sarri.
* Manchester United’s inconsistent start to the season during which they have struggled against mid-table teams can be attributed to complacency, according to midfielder Jesse Lingard. United, eighth in the standings, have beaten top sides like Manchester City, Leicester City, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur but lost to Crystal Palace, West Ham United, Newcastle United and bottom side Watford.
* Former Bayern Munich and Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz is poised to sign a new contract with Paraguayan first division side Olimpia, extending his professional career to a 24th season.
* David Beckham’s Inter Miami have signed defender Denso Ulysse and goalkeeper Drake Callender, local media reported on Wednesday.