Source: Australia Bureau of Meteorology
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in parts of Arnhem district.
Issued at 6:55 pm Monday, 18 November 2019.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE CONTRACTED TO THE ARNHEM DISTRICT
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Jabiru, Cooinda and Gunbalanya.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Daly district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
An 83km/h wind gust was recorded at Jabiru at 3:13pm
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:55 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Northern Territory Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.