Source: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) State Crime News
The FBI announces the arrest of Jonathan Daniels, 37, of Miami, Florida, for his alleged involvement in six gas station and convenience store robberies.
DANIELS was arrested without incident by the Miami Dade Police Department RID and the FBI Violent Crime Fugitive Task Force in North Miami early this morning, October 16, 2019, for his alleged involvement in the following Hobbs Act robberies:
- a 7-Eleven convenience store at 533 NW 103 Street, Miami, Florida, on October 7, 2019;
- a 7-Eleven convenience store at 1550 Ives Dairy Road, Miami, Florida, on October 10, 2019;
- a 7-Eleven convenience store at 90 NW 167 Street, Miami, Florida, on October 10, 2019;
- a 7-Eleven convenience store at 19905 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami Gardens, Florida, on October 11, 2019;
- a Chevron gas station at 18305 NW 57th Avenue, Miami Gardens, Florida, on October 12, 2019; and
- a Marathon gas station at 7191 Pembroke Road, Pembroke Pines, Florida, on October 14, 2019.
DANIELS is in federal custody. His initial appearance is anticipated to be today, October 16, 2019, in Miami federal court. The court documents detailing the charges can be found in PACER under the Southern District of Florida in due time.
The FBI and its Violent Crime Task Force are involved in this matter as part of an initiative to assist local law enforcement agencies in combating violent armed robberies.
The Miramar Police Department, Pembroke Pines Police Department, Miami Gardens Police Department, Miami Dade Police Department, and the FBI Violent Crime Fugitive Task Force continue their investigation.
No further information will be released at this time.