MIL OSI-C. Mediterranean Region: Portugal
1. The Council of Ministers today approved the decree-law establishing the regime for the implementation of residential care as a measure to promote the rights and protection of children and young people in distress.
Under child and youth law, residential care is a measure aimed at providing care and integrating children and young people into a secure socio-family context, based on the assumption of return to the biological family or, given the age and degree of their maturity, their preparation for the autonomy of life or, always in their best interests, their confidence in their adoption or civil patronage.
Through this new regime, residential care emerges as an integrated system, with the management of vacancies ensuring the identification of the host house that is best suited for the child or young person to host, in order to facilitate faster and more appropriate intervention, the possibility for the host houses to be organized by specialized units.
Special attention should be given to emergency response units, residential structures that are particularly suited to responding to situations that require the child / youngster to be removed or immediately removed from the danger situation and his family context.
Qualified and quality reception is promoted, accompanied by duly qualified technical teams and educational teams able to provide adequate care, framed by an institution that wants to adapt to this reality and the work to be developed in such a sensitive area of lives of children and young people and their families.
2. The decree-law revising the IRC tax regime applicable to the Lawyers ‘and Solicitors’ Pension Fund (CPAS) was approved, making it equivalent to that of social security institutions.
CPAS is an autonomous social security institution whose primary purpose is to provide old-age pensions and disability allowances to lawyers and associates of the Order of Solicitors and Enforcement Agents.
Thus, the objective of strengthening the institution’s sustainability is pursued, after 2018 the Government revised the CPAS regulation with a view to ensuring its sustainability and the fairness of the beneficiaries’ contributory effort.
3. The legal regime of the Public Passenger Service has been changed. This Decree-Law amends the authorization regime for the maintenance of the provisional operation regime, in the scope of public collective passenger transport.
4. The decree-law that adapts to the local administration the vocational training regime was approved.
The training regime in force in Public Administration is applied to workers in public functions who perform functions in local Administration by introducing specificities arising from the local reality.
The diploma updates a set of concepts and rules contained in the 2016 regime to the reality of local administration, providing a context of greater stability to local decision-makers in meeting and pursuing the objectives and principles of vocational training.
5. The Decree Law establishing a VAT reverse charge mechanism for the transfer of forestry goods has been approved.
The act implements the legislative authorization provided for in the State Budget Law 2019 concerning the introduction of a VAT reversal rule for forestry purposes.
From January 1, 2020 and until December 31, 2022, for the transmission of cork, wood, pine cones and pine nuts with bark, VAT is due and delivered to the State by the taxpayers.
The aim of this mechanism is to put in place an effective means of combating the fraud and evasion phenomena that have been detected in this sector, while allowing a significant number of individuals to be exempt from tax settlement and surrender. small liabilities.
6. The decree-law amending the legal protection regime to which the Olympic and Paralympic symbols are subject was approved, and strengthens the mechanisms to combat any form of illicit use of the benefits arising from their use.
Through this legislative amendment, it is intended to identify the Paralympic and equivalent properties and to recognize to the Paralympic Committee of Portugal the exclusive right to use them, as an instrument of defense of the prestige and dignity of the sports movement for people with disabilities.
The provisions of that regime regarding the protection of industrial property in the light of the new Industrial Property Code are also updated.
7. The final version of the National Maritime Spatial Planning Situation Plan (PSOEM) for the Continent, Madeira and Extended Continental Shelf subdivisions was approved.
PSOEM makes an important contribution to national cohesion by strengthening the continent’s link with the archipelagos of Madeira and the Azores, consolidating the geopolitical component of the so-called Portuguese Strategic Triangle as a maritime centrality in the Atlantic basin.
8. The resolution approving the partial suspension, for a period of two years, of the Municipal Master Plan of Mondim de Basto in the area destined for the implementation of the Carrapatelo-Vila Pouca de Aguiar Line, and establishing the respective preventive measures.
9. The resolution proposing to His Excellency the President of the Republic to extend the mandate of Lieutenant General Marco Antonio Mendes Paulino Serronha as Deputy Force Commander of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA) was approved.
10. Expenditure was authorized by the Portuguese Institute of Blood and Transplantation for the purchase of plasma-derived medicinal products resulting from the fractionation of national human plasma.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.