MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
Before the closing ceremony of the World Championship we were able to communicate with the senior men’s team coach of the Russian Federation Igor Generalov. His team took first place in the team standings at all four stages and eventually become world Champions.
– Igor Vladimirovich, I congratulate you and your team with the victory. Tell us about the day of the competition, about stages, about the confrontation.
Every day was very hard, we have strong rivals. In the team event we won the stage by stage. Today we are not just world Champions, and Champions in each species. This is a historic moment. This never could not be anyone else.
– Tell us about your team? Who is surprised at this Championship?
– I want to thank the going, ran, showed a good result, showed the highest level. I want to note 26-time world Champion, record holder Vladimir Sidorenko, our captain, a veteran Ruslan Hubecova, birthplace Alexey Kurbanov Damir Kornilov, Anton. All the guys are great.
– How do you motivate your players before the start?
– Sit in the bus, and I tell them that I can’t tell you. These words are only for them.
– Managed yesterday to bathe in water tanks after the victory in the “battle deployment”?
– Swimming in the tank with water after winning the final form is our tradition. Happy yesterday bathed – and I, and our coaches V. A. Sidorenko, V. V. Sukhorukov. It was very nice.
As you preparation, conduct of the Championship?
– Everything is fine. Saratov warmly welcomed. Here want to return again and again.
– Igor, how long have you been associated with fire-applied sports, when coached?
In fire-applied sports I since 1975. My coach – Pyotr Andreyevich Kalinin. It was under his guidance I have won international competitions, became the champion. In 2012 I became the coach of the national Junior team. In 2013 my guys became world Champions in Yaroslavl. For a year I am the coach of the national team of men.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and/or sentence structure will not be perfect.