MIL OSI-C. Mediterranean Region: Portugal
The Minister of Health, Marta Feared, said that the transition from the Braga Hospital to the public sphere, scheduled for September 1, will “ensure that users maintain the high quality care they have had and that workers continue to have peace of mind in your work ».
In Braga, after a meeting with the outgoing managing body and the new board of directors, the Minister said that the transition process is ready and that it will proceed “with normality and tranquility”.
Braga Hospital will cease to function as a Public-Private Partnership from 1 September and the Government wanted to ensure that “all normal functioning” would be maintained.
Feared Marta said that the transition of employees will be made according to their wishes and the information that exists so far is that “the vast majority made this choice”. The Minister also added that assistance to patients with conditions such as HIV or Multiple Sclerosis is not in question.
The hospital, which serves about 1.2 million users and employs around 2800 staff, “will have a contract program like other hospitals and public business entities.”
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.