Source: Small Island Developing States
The second International River Summit will convene in Allahabad, India, under the theme, ‘Building a Sustainable and Resilient Future Through Water’.
Organized by the River Water User Association (India) and the International River-Basin Foundation, the event will focus on: the development of integrated water resources and their management to achieve water and food security; climate change impacts; agricultural development; ways to achieve sustainability through latest technologies, information and communications technology (ICT) and resource mobilization. The summit’s seven themes seek to help achieve internationally agreed water-related goals and targets, including those contained in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, by addressing local issues in a changing climate:
- Rivers as a Source of Inspiration and Life;
- Valuing Rivers and Water;
- Threats to Water Resources and Food Security;
- Ecosystem Rejuvenation;
- Feel the Vibration for Sustainable Life;
- Science, Technology, ICT and Innovation as a Support System for Action; and
- Policy Issues, Governance and Resource Mobilization.
The 2019 event follows the first International River Summit that took place in 2016.
dates: 28-30 November 2019
location: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India