Source: Government of Victoria 2
04 Feb 2019
A discarded cigarette is the most probable cause for a blaze that broke out on Spencer Street this early this morning.
MFB Fire investigators spent most of the day at the apartment building and concluded that the most probable cause was a discarded cigarette that ignited combustible materials stored on the balcony.
The fire originated on the 22nd floor and spread quickly to the 27th floor. At the height of the blaze, more than 80 firefighters and a number of aerial appliances worked to bring the fire under control in just over an hour.
Thankfully, there were no injuries reported.
Firefighters completed all fire duties this evening and handed the scene over to Melbourne City Council.
No information available to download