Source: Australia Bureau of Meteorology
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Hazardous Surf Warning for New South Wales
Issued at 5:07 pm EST on Tuesday 10 July 2018
for the period until midnight EST Tuesday 10 July 2018.
Surf and swell conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, boating, and swimming in the following areas.
Tuesday 10 July
Hazardous Surf Warning for:
Coffs Coast, Macquarie Coast, Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast and Illawarra Coast
NSW Police Force, Marine Area Command advise that:
- People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near surf-exposed areas.
- Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
- Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing or delaying their voyage.
- Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and wear a lifejacket.
- Boaters should remember to log on with their local Marine Rescue radio base, via VHF Radio or the Marine Rescue APP, and consider their safety management plan.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
Check the Coastal Waters Forecast for information on wind, wave and weather conditions for these areas at http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/ or on marine radio.